January is over! I can’t believe it! This means that I only have one month of holidays until I start my classes again 😥 But I had a great month and now I’m going to share a wrap up!
I’m going to change this a bit from my usual only-books wrap up for more of books-wrap-up + blogging-wrap-up + what’s-coming-next-month. I’m not going to write more intro and just start.
I had a great reading month!
- Stray by Rachel Vincent: 4/5 stars. My first book of the year. You know my love for Urban Fantasy. I couldn’t resist.
- Fooling Around with Cinderella by Stacy Juba: 4/5 stars. You can read my review here.
- A Few Quiet Beers With God by John Perrier: 2/5 stars. You can read my review here.
- Masquerade by Hannah Fielding: 4/5 stars. You can read my review here.
- Captain Rum by John Perrier: 3/5 stars. You can read my review here.
- Magic Shifts by Ilona Andrews: 4.5/5 stars. I love this series so much and how it’s everything developing. It made me so worried and cry, laugh and love more each of these characters. It was a great story but after book #6 and #7 it felt not that wow (because, let me tell you, book #6 and #7 are Amazing!) But this was a really really good book.
- Los Secretos de Sara by Guillermo Cerviño Porto: 3.4-4/5 stars. You can read my review here.
- Indestructible by Emma L Adams: 4/5 stars. You can read my review here.
- Sibilance by Aria Kane: 3.5/5 stars. You can read my review here.
- Demons in Disguise by A&E Kirk: 4/5 stars. You can read my review here.
- Scardust by Suzanne van Rooyen: 5/5 stars. Review will be up tomorrow. Loved this book!
- Curse of the Sphinx by Raye Wagner: 4/5 stars. You can read my review here.
- Rogue by Rachel Vincent: 5/5 stars. Since I read the first book I just wanted to read this. And now I’m proud to say I’m OBSESSED. You know when you just love a book SOO much. Well, yeah, that. And then I needed to read the next one.
- El Pajaro Verde by Juan Valera: I read this and I think I give it 3/5 stars. It was a sweet short read about real love.
- Pride by Rachel Vincent: 5/5 stars. And here we are! Third book in this series. Why these books make me so happy and suffer at the same time? I can’t wait to read the next one but I’m scared because only in January I read half of this series. And I don’t want it to end.
- Choices by Alexander F Patterson: I’m currently reading this but I plan to finish it today, tht’s why I’m including it in this wrap up. Review will be posted on Thursday 4.
Best of the month:
(a new thing I think it’s good to add)
- Scardust by Suzanne van Rooyen
- Rogue and Pride by Rachel Vincent
- Magic Shifts by Ilona Andrews
- Demons in Disguise by A&E Kirk / Curse of the Sphinx by Raye Wagner
First of all things: I’m working in a new blog design.
You might be like: ‘Again?!’
But the real thing is, yes, I like my current design but I don’t feel like it’s the one I can have for a few months. While I’m with all my activities I don’t want to be worrying and I won’t have time to work on my blog design. That’s why I wanted to try this new one this month and do as much as I can. I won’t say that trough the year I won’t change anything because that’s not true. I might change a few small things here and there but I won’t work in the ‘big’ change. I’m excited and I hope you all like it!
This month I did my first interview! I’m so excited you will read it on Friday!
Now, some posts I did:
⇒I started perfectioninbooks Recommends:
- And Then There Were None (TV Show)
- Urban Fantasy (Books)
- Continuum (TV Show)
- Bookstagrammers (Instagram)
⇒Now I have a Blogging Schedule…Kind of…
⇒I satrted my Weeks in Review:
⇒This little blog now has over 100 followers!!
⇒I did my first Discussion Post! Graphic Design in Blogs: Is it important? + Guest!
I did some other post you can check them in my home page! (memes + tags)
What’s coming next month:
My first author interview will be up on Friday!
I’ll finally start reading the Harry Potter series for the first time. One book per month. This is a buddy read with Sara from Freadom Library!
(I’m so excited to be reading with these girls and make some great posts! 😀 )
I’ll be writing a discussion post but haven’t decided the topic yet.
About reading I have some review copies and I hopefully can read other books too.
This is all for the January Wrap up!
Let me know what you think about this new ‘format’ and how did you do this month!
Thank you for reading!