This is my stop during the blog tour for The Dragon Sphere by Abel Gallardo. This blog tour is organized by Lola’s Blog Tours. The blog tour runs from 8 till 21 August, you can view the tour schedule here
Landon Brown, fifteen year old high school football star, is always on the top of his game. That is until he receives a visit from an uncle he’s never met with information about Landon’s father, who disappeared without a trace thirteen years before. Landon learns that the life he’s been living is a lie and that his true nature is powerful and dangerous. He’s half dragon and a threat to the delicate balance that has kept dragon society hidden from humans for hundreds of years.
Landon now must learn about his dragon heritage and train to control his incredible abilities with the help of the Elder Dragons, a bizarre trainer named Alpha, and other dragonoids like himself.
He quickly realizes that the mysterious world of dragons, spirits, and secret societies are not for the weak. Tasked with finding the Dragon Sphere, an ancient relic harboring a terrible power that could destroy the world, Landon recognizes that he just might be way in over his head. Will he be able to control his newfound power in time for the fight of his life?
You can find The Dragon Sphere on Goodreads
You can buy The Dragon Sphere here:
– Amazon Paperback
Top Ten Interesting Facts about The Dragon Sphere
1. The manuscript of The Dragon Sphere was completed in a little over a month.
2. In the book, Landon Brown is a high school football star with the Deacon High Rams in Albuquerque, New Mexico, which is not a real life high school in that city.
3. While I always had a desire to write a book about dragons, a documentary about the many different cultural tales of dragons really set the idea of the story in motion.
4. Many of the creatures from The Dragon Sphere are based primarily from Christian and Jewish lore.
5. The cover art for The Dragon Sphere was created by my brother Colin Irwin.
6. Some of the action scenes in the book were played out almost exactly as I had imagined them as a child daydreaming during class.
7. In nerd-like fashion, I actually wrote down those action scenes playing in my mind as a child and saved them from my days in elementary school.
8. The quest-styled adventure in The Dragon Sphere was most definitely influenced by The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time classic video game.
9. Alpha, the trainer of the dragonoids and son of War of the four horseman, was originally going to be a seasoned dragonoid warrior himself.
10. The complete outline of the Nation of Dragons series covers details for six books.
About the Author:
Abel Gallardo was greatly influenced by Greek mythology, comic books, and the fantasy/mystery novels he had read as a child. Shortly after graduating with his Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology, he began writing stories that reminded him of the adventures he cherished growing up. Abel Gallardo now lives with his wife and children in Albuquerque, NM.
There is a tour wide giveaway for the blog tour of The Dragon Sphere. Two winners will each win a 10$ amazon gift card!
For a chance to win, enter the rafflecopter giveaway below:
a Rafflecopter giveaway