First day of 2017, wow. I hope you had a great day and that 2017 will be a great year for you! As a first post I wanted to share with you some of my resolutions and goals I have for my blog and with books.
1. The first one and the one I really really want to accomplish is to blog in Spanish and English. When I first started this blog that was my main idea but life got me into blogging just in English. I know now that most of my readers (90% at least) talk English and read in English. However I live in a South American country, since I can speak I speak Spanish, and my every day language is Spanish. So I want to start introducing posts in Spanish and *hopefully* by the end of the year post equally in Spanish and English.
I still have no idea how to accomplish that but I’m working on it.
2. Make new blogger friends and keep being friends with others! I’m not the most sociable person here
but as I have said countless times it’s difficult for me to make/keep friends on the internet. Here are some amazing people that I would love to know ( or to know more)
3. This kind of goes with the previous one and is a part of a goal I set in 2016. I would love to do collab posts with other bloggers.
4. One I have already started working on but still have a lot to do is with design. I’m not planning to change my header because I like it, and I like my sidebar what I would like to change are my post headers and thumbnails. I would like to have a theme that identifies my blog. A great example of what I’m talking about is Paper Fury I would like to find what identifies my blog and use it.
Those four are the ones I really would like to accomplish and I think I can accomplish. Here is other maybe not so realistic…
5. Be more active on social media, specially Twitter. But since I haven’t been able to do that we will see.
I just don’t know what to tweet about!
1. I’ve set my reading goal for this year: 50 books. It’s a small number compared to my 2015: 125 and 2016: 100 but I think it’s a number I can actually achieve without much pressure.
As I will start university plus doing all my other activities I won’t have as much free time as I would like. Though I plan to continue reading it might take more days to finish a book.
2. I have decided to not participate in any other challenge, I don’t want any pressure and being honest they didn’t work for me in 2016. However I would like to:
a. read 1 non-fiction (recommendations please?)
b. continue reading classics
c. read some diverse books (anyone recommending books please?)
3. Keep collecting books because I love it. (And Liam challenged -kind of?- me to collect all the Throne of Glass books -which is one of my fave series- and I couldn’t say no)
4. UPDATE Read at least three from each list from here.
If you have any advice for me please let me know in the comments!
Have you set your goals for 2017?
I hope you have a great year!