Last year I found out about Love-A-Thon and I decided to give it an opportunity. It seemed like a great opportunity to talk with others and have some fun time. And it was!! While it happened and after the end I was so happy I participated! I had a blast and I talked to some great people. That is why I’m happily participating again.
The first post as usual is a questionnaire. This is the first post I’m writing for this year’s Love-A-Thon and I’m so excited to write all the other posts (as well as read the posts from other participants!)
No need to keep going with this introduction and lets just start!
An Introduction to You and Your Blog
1. What’s your name? Where in the world are you blogging from?
My name is Aldana and I’m blogging from Uruguay!
2. Tell us your history with reading. Were you always a reader? Were you a reluctant reader? Was there a book that convinced you to become a reader?
My mom read me things since I was very little but I became a real reader in 2012. Story time! My friend and I wanted to go to the cinema, but there was no movie we found interesting, however we really wanted to go so from all the movies the most interesting seemed to be this one called ‘The Hunger Games’. It did sound very weird but we went, and we fell in love with it. One day a few months later one of my best friends showed me she was reading the second book in that series and she asked me if I wanted to read the first one. Once I did I fell in love and you know the rest. I read the other two, and became a little obsessed with books but that’s okay. This is why THG will always have a special place in my heart since it was my introduction to reading and YA.
3. How did you get involved in the online book community?
Can I say that I don’t know? I actually don’t remember. I know that I had my personal IG acc and then I started posting this book related things, the next thing I remember is posting bookish things (no more personal pics) and started following this bookish accs. Bookstagram was my first step into the online book community (again, for that it has a special place in my ♥) And I suppose that through bookstagram I started learning more and more about the community.
4. How did you choose your primary platform (blog, Instagram, YouTube, etc)? How did you come up with your blog name?
This has changed through time. For most of the time my primary platform was IG. I don’t remember how I chose that name but maybe because perfection is in books? Then I started booktubing (with same name) but that didn’t last long and it wasn’t ever my primary platform. However after that failure I decided to finally create a blog (an idea that had been in my mind for quite a while) and see what happened. Again, I used the same name as my bookstagram. Now my blog is my main platform and after a hiatus on my IG I’m back. I haven’t changed my name (perfectioninbooks) since I started this whole thing but I think it just came out of my mind? 😂
5. What’s your favorite thing about the online book community?
Most people are very nice but my favourite thing is to fangirl with others about books mostly but some tv shows too. I love chatting about things I
am obsessed love.
6. What sort of posts can readers expect from you?
Reviews, I’m very constant with them. But I also like posting tags and some other random posts like book lists, some bits here and there through the month about tv shows I loved (or not) and my Bullet Journal. In spite of this the blog is a bookish one.
7. What book genres do you talk about most?
I would say YA Fiction and into that mostly Fantasy. Some times I talk about NA books or Adult ones but most of the time is YA. Being honest I don’t have a genre as main one and lately I have been reading very different things.
- Favorite food? Beverage? Don’t have one. I love food and same goes fro beverage.
- Favorite color? Purple/Violet
- Favorite things to do apart from reading? Watching tv shows, bookstagramming, taking bookish photos, blogging.
- Favorite tv shows? Ja Ja. This is not fun. Okay but lately I have been loving Timeless, Sense 8, Sherlock, A Series of Unfortunate Events, Riverdale and others (here is my tvshowtime profile which is my life for tv shows)
- Favorite movies? I don’t watch that many movies and I don’t have a fave one…(movie recs accepted!)
- Favorite musical artists? I loove Maroon 5 and others I really enjoy are The Chainsmokers, Fall Out Boy, Sia and just pop in general. I would like to discover other not-so-famous artists tho.
- Favorite childhood books? My fave was Misterio en el Cabo Polonio by Helen Velando o Los Cazaventuras by Helen Velando
- Favorite books read in the last five years? Ouch. That is a difficult question. TID and TMI, THG, Throne of Glass, Charley Davidson, Kate Daniels, Mirame y Dispara, Lux, Fever those are some series. As for stand alones I would say Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, Forbidden, Simon VS the Homo Sapiens Agenda, Archer’s Voice and I feel like this answer is pretty long
but what did you expect(and I need to update my Goodreads shelves)
- Favorite genres? My fave is Fantasy (urban fantasy is my weakness) and everything into it, I also love Romance and a good contemporary from time to time is always necessary. Sci-Fi, Historical Fiction and Paranormal are others I really like too.
- Books you want to read in 2017? For this I’m just leaving this link here and you can check it out! Maybe we find some books in common in our TBRs?
So! That is all for this introduction post, the first part ended up longer than I expected but oh well, here we are
and I really hope you are reading this part 😂
If you want to leave the link to your introduction post please do it, I would love to check it out! I will see you in a few hours with other post. I hope you have an amazing time participating Love-A-Thon!